Thursday, January 24, 2013

Catching up / backfilling

I'm in the process of creating the blog posts dating back through August 2012.  I am using my cache notes, as well as a journal I kept at the time, to generate the logs for the appropriate dates.  My comments at the time were based on what I knew then, not what I know now, so while it feels a bit odd to write about LPCs or guard rail caches like they are new things, that is indeed what I noted back in the day.

Over the next week or so I intend to complete as many backdated posts as possible, and then I'll be all caught up.  Going forward from that point, everything will be live and accurate.  I commented on this in my first post, but I want to be clear that the backdated posts are being created off of original notes and my journal, and I'm not just making crap up. :)

I'm also tinkering with the layout a bit, so don't be surprised if you find that things look different if you check back later.

UPDATE #1 - I'm about halfway through October now.  I did post a quick tutorial on how to use Google Maps to search for caches, and should have quite a bit more up here soon.

UPDATE #2 - I'm through October and into November.  I didn't get a lot of caching done over the holidays (and since), so I'm almost caught up.

UPDATE #3 - I'm pretty much caught up.  I have one more backdated draft post, and then everything going forward is live.  The backdated post is a fairly comprehensive and may take a day or two to put together, but that's it.

I have a few other drafts in the works, but they are not related to any particular date, so I'll just post 'em as I make 'em. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment