Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A milestone, and a list of caches.

I actually managed to reach my 200th cache earlier than predicted!  I was able to get to 199 on Monday, and picked up #200 - Support Your Local Parks on the way in to work yesterday.  I also managed to take a late lunch and pick up a few more, bringing me up to 203.  Since I'm running out of quick local hides I'm less able to just spontaneously get out there and cache, and actually have to plan things a bit.  There are quite a few hides past Wayne, near Devon and Tredyffrin, which are right on the edge of what's practical, so that's my current go-to area.

I'm also keeping a bookmark list of caches that I have found with some sort of local historical interest.  For example, one cache I've picked up is at the site of a fireworks factory that exploded back in 1930,  There are several caches in Ithan Valley Park, which is what remains of an old estate and mill from the 19th century.  You get the idea.

I'm just keeping this as a regular old Geocaching list, so you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment